The futility of topic threads

Once upon a time, I could go to a product thread and look for insightful comments regarding the product at hand.

Now? One person makes a joke, and the thread quickly derails into an off topic thread, making it hard to find useful comments relating to the product.

When it comes to threads NOT made for products, it’s even worse.

Just look at this thread:

Another thread that's gone off track.....

In both cases, the same names are responsible for the derailment!

:anger: :anger: :anger:

This sounds like a compliment towards Wooters.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. If it’s a product thread with legitimate discussion going on, I try to keep it on track.

Threads in Everything but Woot are generally fair game once the initial thought has been exhausted although I will lock some threads to keep them from derailing.

2 Likes

Perhaps, and this is just me spit-balling as one of these degenerate forum posters, if you have a question on a product you can ask it instead of assuming every comment needs to be long heart felt testing and commentary specifically narrowed into that one product out of, what did woot just drop in the last hour? 425+ items - or more at any given time tailored just to you.

Instead of having people conform to your world view, how about you yeet that little poptart of an view into the microwave, nuke it for 47 seconds, and reform your view to better encompass others.

I would imagine there’s a reason the discussions are held in a ‘forum’ and not a ‘wiki’ or ‘product reviews only’ page.

Additionally if I want to have a long, drawn out, discussion on the frilly benefits of crotchless britches that are not geared to material, fit, finish, manufacturer ethos, and air flow dynamics then so be it. You aint the boss of me!

Plus Papa’s gotta earn him those badge points.

6 Likes

Woot is selling a wedding dress.

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Where? Found it.

2 Likes

But only for people named “Aline”

2 Likes

Took you WAY TOO LONG to find that.

4 Likes

I saw it earlier but was content to wait and pick my moment.

3 Likes

Reminded me of this old “dad” joke

5 Likes

I don’t know why but this phrase (along with the rest of the sentence) just makes me happy. I am picturing an idea Poptart (it has a lightbulb on it, for anyone wondering) being flung through the air and landing in a microwave. Also, I now want a Poptart.

To the OP, this is Woot. People just kinda chat a lot here on the forums and most of the time, it has nothing to do with the original topic. Maybe you could join in the fun? We don’t bite. Well, most of us don’t. I’m not too sure about @Froodyfrog or @Williamdavi. At least one of them has rabies, I think. Maybe both.

7 Likes

Sweet peas and juju bees that’s a phrase I haven’t heard in since 90’s-2000’s chat boards.

Waiting for “well so and so is over there in the corner, don’t feed them”.

3 Likes

@davejlives As a union member of the forum wreckers I’d like to request the following line be printed on the next Woot merch.

" yeet that little poptart "

And yeet we shall.

7 Likes

Does that poptart have a cat attached to it?

4 Likes

There’s cat hair everywhere!

4 Likes

This "on topic’ discussion was happening at woot?
I doubt it…

How did The Beatles like their Pop-Tarts?

Strawberry Filled Forever

4 Likes

This

And this

Happened simultaneously.

Woot shouldn’t ship Pepsi.

7 Likes

YES I BITE AND WILL BITE WATCH OUT

4 Likes

LETS GET THIS ■■■■■ OFF TRACK

3 Likes

You just get home?